Friday, June 13, 2014

Bacterial (HNW) + a word about Dead Body Collection



I thought it was time for a HNW release after all those beats... As a matter of fact I was working on another release, a harsh noise collab I'll tell you about later, when I stumbled upon a sound I'd like to hear on and on, so I thought, hey, let's do just that and let it flow for 10 minutes.

The set-up for this is=

Radio static as source + Fuzz Factory (gate wide open) + Harmonise (just high enough to "electronize" the sound a little, something I used to avoid like the plague but was influenced to do by some Werewolf Jerusalem releases like Carnal Violence from 2011 on Robert & Leopold or Just Before Dawn from 2012 on Burial Recordings, you can check this last one out here) + Super Crunch Box (with the gain open) Bass Big Muff (set on Low, with tone and sustain at minimum as not to cover up the bass and drone completely with crackling) + Memory Boy + Reverb + EQ.

I have been listening to Dead Body Collection a lot recently. Aleksandar Nenad, the man behind DBC and also Creation Through Destruction, is a fine noisemaker who has more than a hundred releases behind him already. They are always solid, and among them are many gems. I am proud to have collaborated with him on the Ghost /DBC Whore Of Babylon split as well as releasing his split Somnolence / L'Homme En Noir with Ekunhaashaastaack on Slow Death back in 2010.

Although he has slightly changed this over the last couple of years, DBC has long focused on diseases and such for his themes and visuals. The title of this wall is of course a reference to him. Also, this wall is more flowing and straight-forward than my usual stuff these days, perhaps because I was influenced by all the DBC I've been listening to.

Check out DBC's fantastic Bandcamp HERE and please support the artist by buying releases, in physical or digital format. Here are 10 of my favorite ones, apart from the 2 releases I'm involved with obviously =

Incomplete Fracture - Bored Bear Recordings - 2010
Living Dead - Smell The Stench - 2011
Trypanophobia - Self-Released - 2011
Untitled - Inactivist - 2011
I'd Fallen Before But It Never Hurt Like This - VNA - 2012 
Nosocomephobia - Self-Released - 2012
Recycled Music - RRRecords - 2012
Zvala Si Se Svetlost - Vagary - 2012

Collezione Dei Corpi Morti - Total Black - 2013
Deep Into The Halls (with J. Adolphe) - Geräuschmanufaktur - 2014

Now, this should not prevent you from listening / downloading Bacterial HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment