Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Static Park Questionnaire 02 - Dead Body Collection

Dead Body Collection



01 What is your name / age / nationality ?

Aleksandar / 27 / Serbian

02 How did you get into noise ?

A friend told me: "one crazy guy has released 50cds in a boxset of pure unlistenable noise!". I found out the name of the "crazy guy", it was Merzbow. I bought Russian mp3s with Merzbow releases and that's it. I must confess that I didn't understand it at first listening but after a year it came from the speakers to my heart. Later I discovered Masonna, KK Null, Emil Beaulieau, K2 and a ton of power electronics. It became my life.

03 How did you choose the name of your project / What does it mean to you ? 
 
It was some kind of tribute to Atrax Morgue. When I listened to "Give Me A Corpse" I had the idea of a pile or collection of corpses which impressed me. Later I came up with the Dead Body name and it totally fits my vision for the HNW I wanted to create. My project's name can also be seen as a tribute to Dead Body Love, but actually it's for Marco's obsession.

04 Which one of your releases would make the best entry point into your work ?

It's hard to say. Every release holds a special place in my heart.

05 How do you record ? (live, sequencing, multi-tracking etc..)

Live, without overdubs, without mastering. I want to archive exactly the same raw sound which I was hearing during recording.

06 What is your favorite piece of gear ?

DOD FX69 Grunge or Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi. DOD FX86 Death Metal and DOD FX59 Thrash Master are also very important in my setup.

07 Do you play live ? How is it different from your releases ?

Yes. Sound approach is the same as when I record but the visual aspect and loudness is something that you must see and feel live.

08 Who would you like to collab / make a split with ?

Huh! Maybe with Prurient. I really like his 7" collaboration with The Rita. ...or with Douglas Pierce ahahahaha

09 Do you listen to other types of sound/music ? Which ones ?

I have been listening to doom metal and dark ambient for ages. Apart from that and noise/power electronics, I like krautrock, a few post punk legends, a handful of old heavy metal bands like W.A.S.P. or Iron Maiden, some slower black metal bands/projects, a pile of heavy stoner rock/metal bands and I'm a big fan of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

10 What is your favorite record at the moment ?

Let me name 3 all time fav albums and songs:

Albums :

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - No More Shall We Part
Thine - In Therapy
Canaan - A Calling To Weakness

Songs :

Killing Joke - Love Like Blood
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Do You Love Me?
Navicon Torture Technologies - The Stars And The Scars


You can listen to Dead Body Collection HERE

Learn about his activities (gigs, releases etc.) HERE

And HERE is his Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment